- Burberry Handbags Resist the Chav Scandal
- Pimping A Supermodel
- Top 10 Classic Womenâ€™s Handbags
- Tod's Handbags' Celebrity Endorsements
- Womenâ€™s Handbag Quiz for Stylistas
- Paris Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2009
- Penelope Cruz Style Handbags
- Balenciaga Handbags Delete the Museum Scandal
- Dolce & Gabbana Handbags Erase the Sexist Controversy
- What Is An â€˜It Bagâ€™?
- Collaborating Business and Design Skills: Why is it Important?
- Do you have a love for fashion?
- Fashion Journalism Jobs and their Description
- Paris’ Winter Sales
- Reality Behind Women And Shopping
- Give Your Wardrobe A Lift With Cheap Designer Clothes
- Koolaburra Boots Are Worth It
- Helpful Hints On Choosing A Genuine Designer Handbag
- Teach Your Sweet K9 For Air Travel
- Mary Frances Handbag Get The Real Deal
- Keira Knightley Style Handbags
- Drop Your Large Handbag for Security
- The Leather Handbag: Everything You Need in a Bag
- How to Clean a Fabric Handbag
- A Business Bag That’s Stylish & Affordable - Aspinal of London
How to Clean a Fabric Handbag
SOS! Dust and stains catch your lovely fabric handbag as soon as you drop it in a wardrobe. Just as well, we are here to provide you tips to clean canvas, duffel, silk, wool and cloth, so you can easily kick out the unwelcomed guests on your fabric handbag.
To get rid of dust on a canvas handbag and a duffel handbag, you need only a damp towel to gently wipe its surface. If stains already stick to your canvas handbag or duffel handbag, you can use a damp towel soaked in gentle soap liquid to clean the stains.
Never use soaps, shampoo and washing liquid with special effects such as cream, shimmer powder and anti-bacterial ingredients. Blot the stains rather than rub them; otherwise, you will spread them. As for solid stains, you can dip a small soft brush in gentle soap liquid to scour them. However, if you use an old toothbrush, make sure that there is no tooth paste left on it. Remember do not put much pressure when you scour stains. You may damage the fabric and make the stained zone more visible.
When dust and stains siege your silk handbag, and wool handbag, a specialized cleaning product will be of great help. The first step is to test the cleaner in a hidden part of your handbag. If it is fine, move on to the second step. Sponge the cleaner on stains with lukewarm water and rinse them by a wet towel. Using hot water is not a good idea as it transforms the stretch of silk and wool. It is crucial to blot the fabric across and down rather than blot the fabric diagonally.
To clean your cloth handbag, you can follow the aforementioned methods. Alternatively, if the cloth is washable, you can just throw your cloth handbag into a washing machine and use a general laundry detergent.
Do not leave your cleaned handbag directly under the sun for drying, but, instead, leave it in a ventilated shadowed area for a few days.