Kate Moss and Marc Jacobs hosted the biggest fashion night, Met Ball 2009 in New York, celebrating the annual exhibition of The Costume Institute at The Metropolitan Museum, entitled ‘Model and Muse: Embodying Fashion’. It showcases from the earliest relationships between designers and models at Dior to the supermodel boom in the 1990s and the 2000’s. Rumors had been bubbling for ages about who would attend Met Ball and who-would-wear-what to impress the red carpet of the Met Ball. Hmm, I must say that some celebrities deserve the A-list title but others definitely fell into the blacklist.
- Victoria Beckham impressed the Met Ball with a cute-cut Marc Jacobs black and cream polka dot dress, Louis Vuitton high heels and Chopard jewellery. What a lovely surprise!
- Claudia Schiffer wore a mysterious and sexy Versace black strip gown.
- Claire Danes presented a futuristic and charming style cream Armani Prive gown and Tiffany jewelry.
- Diane Kruger chose a too girly cream Chanel Haute Couture mini dress, but her Chanel Jewelry and black crystal clutch were the most gorgeous of all.
- Hilary Swank was seen in a Calvin Klein rosy gown dress and the Harry Winston jewelry looked fantastic and feminine.
- Renee Zellweger put on an olive green Carolina Herrerra gown and Fred Leighton jewelry, displaying uniqueness and elegance.
- Eva Mendes was dressed in a white Calvin Klein gown and Fred Leighton jewelry, cutting herself a lovely and graceful silhouette.
- Kate Moss wore a posh Marc Jacobs gold lame one-shoulder gown with a weird gold lame turban.
- Gisele Bündchen was dressed in a custom made Versace blue sequin gown holding a minimalist black clutch, but she shouldn’t have worn the bath-slipper-like wedges to Met Ball.
- Madonna put on a Louis Vuitton blue dress and Anna Hu Haute Joaillerie with bunny ears, confusing audience Met Ball and a circus trapezoid show.
- Agyness Deyn in a silver Burberry Prorsum gown scared everyone with her bleached hair, pale lips and drag queen look.
- Anne Hathaway wore a retro 1960’s purple Marc Jacobs prom dress and Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry but had the wrong hairstyle.
- Jessica Alba’s style didn’t surprise the Met Ball in her Jason Wu blue sequin dress, Bruno Frisoni shoes and Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry, but her pink satin clutch was fascinating.
- Winona Ryder featured a boring Marc Jacobs black dress, black stockings and black high heels with a black clutch, thinking she was attending a witch party rather than the Met Ball.
- Kate Hudson in a gold Stella McCartney dress, Brian Atwood high heels and Fred Leighton jewelry didn’t flatter her sweet personality.
- Heidi Klum had a dodgy J Mendel couture gown to pair with her VBH clutch, reminding me of the octopus witch Ursula from the Disney’s cartoon The Little Mermaid.
- Cindy Crawford appeared in a gaudy blue custom-made Versace gown and failed all expectations.
- Kirsten Dunst wore an old-fashioned Chanel Haute Couture blue fringe organza gown, Chanel Fine Jewelry and a flat clutch bag.
- Liv Tyler wore a blue Stella McCartney gown and Cartier jewelry, but the shoulder pads were so 80’s.
- Milla Jovovich presented a weird yellow baby bib Marni dress.
- Rachel Weisz presented the Met Ball with a strange Vera Wang white-meets-yellow petticoat gown, a Roger Vivier clutch and Solange Azagury-Partridge jewelry. Her vampire makeup was a mistake.
- Mary Kate Olsen in a grey layering Christian Lacroix Haute Couture and Fred Leighton jewelry looked like a hobo.
- Ashley Olsen in a white The Row dress and Fred Leighton jewelry with a white clutch bag looked like a ghost.
- Kate Beckinsale dressed in a super ugly blue Marchesa gown and Lorraine Schwartz jewelry as if she were swimming in a vacuum cleaner.